Position posted on 2017-09-19 10:43:09
Hours: 40 hours over 5 days
Salary: £22,950 per annum
ScS is one of the most recognisable brands in British retailing with 100 stores and 10 Distribution Centres across the UK.
As Assistant Distribution Centre Manager your role will be to ensure the optimum contribution of the team to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the distribution operation. You will also cover the day to day running of the DC in the absence of the manager.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the unloading and receipt of goods into the DC to achieve the safe delivery in perfect condition of customer orders
- Overseeing and undertaking quality inspections of goods for delivery, initiating remedial action as required and ensuring goods are wrapped for despatch in line with Company policy and established working practices
- Assisting and supporting the Distribution Centre Manager with the maintenance of systems to ensure the cost effective use of delivery vehicles and staff, in turn ensuring the timely delivery of customer orders and optimum performance
- Supervising the completion of all checks and documentation required by law on delivery vehicles and ensures that the appropriate documentation is kept on file and available for inspection at all times
- Overseeing and assisting team members with the moving handling and storage of goods received within the DC in line with established policy and work practices to ensure the good condition of customer goods and optimum use of DC space and facilities
- Assisting the Distribution Centre Manager in the maintenance of security of the premises, personnel and stock in particular securing and alarming premises when required
- Providing leadership and guidance to supervisor and all other team members, including training and developing and motivating the team to optimise individual and collective work performance
The successful candidate will:
- Have proven organisational skills and be attentive to detail
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strive to achieve consistently high levels of customer service
- Effectively contributes when working in a team environment
- Employee discount
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
Due to the number of applications we receive it is our policy that we only respond to successful applicants.
This is the job for me! So what next?
› Download application form
› Request application form