Position posted on 2017-09-29 11:01:45
Hours: 40 hours over 5 days
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Responsible to the Distribution Centre Manager. Liaises as appropriate with other DC, Branch, After-sales and Head Office personnel. Liaises with representatives of suppliers to the Company.
To ensure the optimum contribution of the team to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the distribution operation. This is a wide-ranging role including supervision, team leadership, manual handling and administration.
Core Performance Areas:
- Assists with the unloading and receipt of goods into the DC (both the manual and administration processes) in line with Company policy and practices to achieve the safe delivery in perfect condition of customer orders.
- Supervises and, where necessary contributes to the removal of packaging from goods received and supervises the disposal of waste materials in line with Company policy to ensure a clean, safe and tidy working environment.
- Supervises and assists team members with the moving handling and storage of goods within the DC in line with established policy and work practices to ensure the good condition of customer goods and optimum use of DC space and facilities.
- Supervises and undertakes quality inspections of goods for delivery, agrees and/or initiates remedial action as required and ensures goods are wrapped for despatch in line with Company policy and established working practices.
- Supervises and assists team members in the moving, handling and loading of goods, for delivery to customers, in line with established Company policy and working practices to ensure the safe despatch, in perfect condition, of customers’ goods.
- Supervises and contributes towards general good housekeeping within the DC and vehicles to ensure the achievement of a clean and safe working environment and oversees the basic maintenance of equipment to ensure the optimum performance of moving and handling aids.
- Assists and supports the Distribution Centre Manager in the maintenance of security of the premises, personnel and stock in particular securing and alarming premises when directed to do so and undertaking security procedures in line with established Company practices.
- Provides first line leadership and direction to a team of DC Operatives, motivating the team to optimise individual and collective work performance.
- Assists and contributes to the effective control of stock levels, ensuring that monitoring takes place in line with the ScS manual.
- Pro-actively contributes to the day-to-day management of Health and Safety within the DC, in line with the Company’s Health and Safety policy to ensure the safety of the entire team.
- Monitor the work of DC operatives to ensure that Manual Handling and other Health and Safety procedures are adhered to and conduct retraining on a regular basis to ensure skills are kept updated.
- Proven organisation skills and attentive to detail
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively contributes when working in a team environment
- Able to accurately follow instructions and Company policy.
- Strives to achieve consistently high levels of customer service.
- Capable of undertaking the manual aspects of the job role.
This is the job for me! So what next?
› Download application form
› Request application form