Position posted on 2018-03-28 14:16:59
Hours: 37.5 hours over 5 days
Responsible to the Group Accountant
Responsible for the timely and accurate information flow between ScS Head Office, the ScS branch
network, finance houses and warranty provider.
Core Performance Areas:
- Ensure the timely and accurate information flow between ScS head office, the branch network and external bodies such as finance houses and landlords, including dealing with all related queries.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly rent payments are forecasted and paid accurately.
- Assist with company banking requirements on a daily basis and full weekly and monthly reconciliations of the branch banking. Provide a weekly report and liaison with stores to reconcile.
- Set up electronic payments and coordinate checking and final authorisation ensuring adequate controls in place.
- Assistance with elements of the management accounts process
- Post sales ledger and stock write offs once supplied by the Audit department.
- Completion of statutory returns (e.g Intrastat) within specified timeframe.
- Ensure that all VAT invoices and customer VAT refunds are raised and issued in a timely manner.
- Raise payroll and miscellaneous cheque requisitions and related cheques ensuring all items are authorised in line with the company policy.
- Warranty invoice posting and query resolution, status report to be provided.
- Other duties include reconciling control accounts, chargeback reporting, branch requisitions, HoF finance remittances, petty cash, filing, post and miscellaneous invoice raising.
- Undertake as required other duties in keeping with the general nature of the position (e.g. mini project work).
Personal Qualities / Qualifications:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role is essential.
- Self-starter with initiative, versatility, drive and a positive attitude to ensure satisfactory conclusion of tasks.
- Used to working to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment with a hands on approach.
- Analytical with a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Willingness for continuous improvement
- Confidence and independence to approach senior members of staff for sign-offs and approvals
- Team player with the ability to work under own initiative.
- Proven organisational skills and attention to detail.
This is the job for me! So what next?
› Download application form
› Request application form