Position posted on 2018-01-12 16:52:04
Hours: 37.5 hours over 5 days
Salary: £30,000 plus benefits (Negotiable DOE)
Managing and developing the purchase ledger function to ensure that all suppliers are paid accurately and within agreed terms. This person will play a key role in a fast pace and growing plc business, and develop the department into a best in class function.
Core Performance Areas:
- Day to day management of all aspects of the purchase ledger function, ensuring the integrity of the ledger and ensuring best practice in all aspects of the function.
- Carry out 1:1’s with all team members, identifying staff training and development requirements. Create Personal Development Plans (PDP) with all staff setting agreed objectives to assist with their development.
- Direct Line Management of the purchase ledger team (a team of 8) ensuring everyone is working to a clear plan in order that all invoices are processed (via Electronic Data Interchange or manually) and paid in timely and accurate manner, within terms agreed with supplier.
- Production of weekly and monthly departmental KPI report to monitor function performance and conduct regular debriefs with the CFO and Financial Controller in relation to the report.
- Monthly review with Purchase Ledger Supervisor of all stock supplier payment reconciliations and subsequent detailed review of all outstanding queries. Ensuring any agreed actions are executed by the agreed timescales.
- Overseeing weekly/monthly supplier calls to ensure any in query amounts are monitored, reviewed and resolved in a timely manner. Purchase Ledger Manager to complete vendor scorecard and provide update to Financial Controller.
- Conduct sample reviews on non-stock invoices to ensure accuracy. Review overall process to ensure it is fit for purpose and adheres to company policy.
- Understand and oversee all supplier payments onto the system, in line with clear control procedures.
- Conduct timely reviews of all process’s/procedures within the Purchase Ledger department to ensure consistency and best practice is operated by the team.
- Liaise with Management Accountant to ensure the timely cut off of the purchase ledger on a monthly basis, ensuring all invoices processed to the invoice register in line with accounts timetable.
- Undertake, as required, project work and/or other duties to include participating in finance team meetings and liaising with Head Office and Distribution Centre contacts.
Personal Qualities / Qualifications:
- Previous experience in staff management within a purchase ledger function is essential.
- Priority setting and leadership experience, in a fast paced environment.
- AAT Qualified (or equivalent) is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure with high accuracy, whilst being flexible in approach.
- Experience of Continuous Improvement environment.
- Ability to liaise with suppliers to enhance the working relationship with ScS.
- A sound appreciation and knowledge of a computerised purchase ledger system.
This is the job for me! So what next?
› Download application form
› Request application form