Position posted on 2017-10-11 17:09:52
Hours: 40hours over 5 days
Salary: £35,000 (Negotiable DOE)
ScS is one of the most recognisable brands in British retailing with 100 stores and 10 Distribution Centres across the UK.
We have an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the delivery service to our customers based in our flagship Distribution Centre in the North East.
As Distribution Centre Manager your role will be to efficiently and effectively manage the Distribution Centre operation to provide excellent customer service within agreed budgets and forecasts.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Managing systems for effectively unloading and receiving goods into the DC in line with company policy and practices to achieve the safe delivery in perfect condition of customer orders
- To manage and undertake quality inspections of goods for delivery, agrees and/or initiates remedial action as required and ensures goods are wrapped for despatch in line with company policy and established working practices
- Operates and maintains systems for the security of the premises, personnel and stock, in particular securing and alarming premises and undertaking the morning security procedures in line with established company practices
- Provides leadership to the entire team, including training and developing and motivating the team to optimise individual and collective work performance
- Managing systems to ensure the cost effective use of delivery vehicles and staff, ensuring the timely delivery of customer orders and optimum performance
- Managing the completion of all checks and documentation required by law on delivery vehicles and ensuring that the appropriate documentation is kept on file and available for inspection at all times
- Providing management reports on DC activity and delivery performance to ensure that business reporting requirements and timelines are met
- Dealing as appropriate with customer enquiries and complaints to ensure a high standard of customer satisfaction is achieved
The successful candidate will:
- Be CPC qualified with previous experience of 3rd Party Logistics.
- Demonstrate track record of successfully achieving and exceeding targets and objectives
- Have proven organisational skills and be attentive to detail
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strive to achieve consistently high levels of customer service
- Have extensive experience in delegation and supervision and be able to motivate individuals and a team to meet the needs of the business
- Be innovative and able to put forward ideas to improve the running of the distribution operation
- Employee discount
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Company Pension Scheme
Due to the number of applications we receive it is our policy that we only respond to successful applicants.
This is the job for me! So what next?
› Download application form
› Request application form