Position posted on 2017-09-27 10:32:27
Hours: 37.5 hours over 5 days
ScS is a national retailer with 100 stores throughout the UK. We are expanding our Online Trading Team and are now searching for a second Online Trading Executive to help support the Group’s two brand websites www.scs.co.uk and www.houseoffrasermadetoordersofas.co.uk.
As an Online Trading Executive, you will ensure all products are displayed on the websites according to the business needs and marketing calendar. You will also help create engaging promotional campaigns, ensuring messaging is both commercial and drives customers into our store network.
Core Performance Areas
- Assist the Online Trading Manager to effectively merchandise the products on the website
- Set up campaigns and create content assets and slots for the constituent parts of a website campaign based on the overall marketing plan
- Schedule campaigns to follow the offline marketing communications timeline.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist the Online Trading Manager in the day-to-day management of the websites and campaign schedule, including preparing accurate and timely briefs for our external agencies
- Working closely with the Group Merchandise Team, you will drive the visual merchandising of product across both websites, ensuring new products are added to the sites, with the correct information, in a timely manner
- Effective and timely categorisation of new products onto the Groups’ two websites
- Ensure category and search results pages are fully optimised across all channels and devices to ensure the business needs are met
- Produce, upload and schedule accurate price briefs to the ecommerce platform
- Plan the replication schedule of website changes, campaigns and promotions from staging to production
- Constant monitoring of, and review of the websites, to ensure quality assurance standards are adhered to and products are displayed according to the business needs
- Undertake browser and device testing whenever new functionality or campaigns go live (on development, staging and production)
- Assist the Online Trading Manager in analysing onsite performance and sales product data to evaluate merchandise efforts and product opportunities
- Contribute to weekly trading meetings, advising on website changes with internal and external teams as required
- Any other reasonable tasks allocated by the line manager or Head of Digital to ensure the smooth running of the department.
Key Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in digital marketing or ecommerce roles
- Intermediate knowledge of the ecommerce platforms and CMS systems
- IT literate with a higher than average knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency of running multiple campaigns to conflicting deadlines
- Familiar with ecommerce usability and UX best practice
- Strong visual sense and interest in design principles
- Ability to communicate effectively with third party suppliers and senior stakeholders
- The ability to write content and understand tone of voice
- Any other tasks deemed appropriate by the business to support the smooth running of the ecommerce team.
- Basic understanding of HMTL
- Experience of working on Demandware
- Project management experience
- Retail experience
This is the job for me! So what next?
› Download application form
› Request application form