Position posted on 2018-04-13 14:43:14
Hours: 40 hours over 5 days
Responsible to the Distribution Centre Line Manager. Liaises as appropriate with other distribution centres, branch, after sales and head office personnel. Liaises with drivers and fitting teams and other representatives of suppliers to the company.
To undertake duties as directed and contribute effectively to the operation of the distribution centre operation.
Approximately 70% of this role is the manual handling of furniture and flat pack items, carpets and any other products with approximately 30% administration
Core Performance Areas:
Undertakes the unloading and receipt of goods into the Distribution Centre in line with company policy and practices to achieve the safe delivery in perfect condition of customer orders.
Prepare and consolidate in readiness all outbound orders for installation teams
Have the ability and skill set to do the computer functions in the processing of all orders
Removes packaging from goods received and disposes of waste materials in line with company policy to ensure a clean, safe and tidy working environment.
Effectively deals with suppliers in booking stock into the distribution centre in line with Company policy and established work practices.
Deals promptly and efficiently with all customer queries to achieve consistently high levels of customer service.
Assists team members with the moving, handling and storage of goods within the Distribution Centre in line with established policy and work practices to ensure the good condition of customer goods and optimum use of warehouse space and facilities.
Accurately completes, within specified deadlines, pick lists and despatch notes and all system updates and functions to ensure the prompt delivery of customer orders and maintain stock integrity
- Where necessary, confirms unsuccessful deliveries and takes corrective action to ensure the successful delivery of customer orders to meet fit deadlines
- Undertakes, as required, quality inspections of goods for delivery, identifies and initiates remedial action as required and ensures goods are wrapped for despatch in line with company policy and established working practices.
- Assists team members with the moving, handling and loading of goods, for delivery to customers, in line with established company policy and working practices to ensure the safe despatch, in perfect condition, of customers goods.
- Contributes effectively to general good house keeping within the DC and store to achieve a clean and healthy working environment and assist with basic maintenance of all equipment to ensure optimum performance of moving and handling aids.
- Pro-actively contributes to the day-to-day management of Health & Safety within the distribution centre and store, in line with the Company’s Health & Safety policy, to ensure a safe working environment.
This is the job for me! So what next?Apply online
ScS Upholstery Ltd © Copyright 2014